Thursday, September 05, 2013

Merry Dotty Christmas


I'm still thinking of quick Christmas cards not sure this ticks the box but the challenge on Less is More is to use a rubber stamp, added that its being sponsor by one of my favourite stamp manufacturers Penny Black. It seemed only right I used one and this one is a slapstick called Circle and Lines its possibly never been used or if it has probably only once. I stamped in grey so it would look more silver and then I coloured them in with glitter gel pens to make them sparkle ( of the camera doesn't pick this up)
I wanted something differen than a fishtail banner but couldn't find one that fitted this sentiment which I wanted to use but found a die with this rounded end and added a Martha Stewart Holly punch just to take the starkness away.
Can't help thinking its a bit boring!
Well I've been awake since 3.30 when I decided I needed to go to the bathroom while there I could hear a funny noise (it wasn't me) but at that moment I was too tired to care till morning. I settled back into bed trying to get comfy when I could hear water like it was raining and it was running into the drains.
My first thought those blasted weathermen had got it wrong again cos no rain was forecasted for today if fact it should another marvellous hot, sunny day.
So up I got to peer out the window, yes the road was wet but not up the road and or halfway down, in fact water was pouring out from under our car on the drive. Yes indeed the water pipe that was fixed last year with the largest hole you ever saw as burst again.
And who is Affinity and what does that have to do with water and whats wrong with just plain Water Board. By this time I'm wide awake I did try to get back to sleep but it will be an early night to bed tonight.


30 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely card!love the stamp!x

Alice said...

simply beautiful! love it, Debby!

Doreen said...

Just gorgeous,love the colours and design.xxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card, great shaped banner
Hope you get your water pipe fixed soon

Anne

Andrea, said...

Great card Debby, love the stamp you have used on the background. Hope they fix the burst pipe soon and you manage to get more sleep tonight

Erica ♥ said...

Very nice x-mas card ☺
Hugs luv Erica ☼

Sue said...

Such a beautiful CAS card Debby, certainly not boring! I love the design and wonderful colours
hugs Sue xx

Anita said...

Love the simplicity of this card Debby!
Had to laugh about your funny water story, hopefully it will be fixed soon :)
xoxo Anita

Squirrel x said...

So NOT boring missus, love it! Hugs Sxx

Beryl said...

Love that big stamp Debby. I thought it was some gorgeous dp to start with. Like the 'half banner' sentiment plate too.
I hope they get that water leak fixed soon for you.
Beryl xx

Lorraine said...

I hope your water problem gets sorted soon.
Gorgeous card today Debby. I love the colours and cas design.
Lorraine x

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful card Debby, and just right for those bulk card we have to make at Christmas time. Fab colours.

Hope you get the water problem fixed soon, Kate x

Berry said...

This is wonderful Debby so simple and elegant! Hugs Rebekah xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh Im loving this and it looks quick to make too so prefect for all those Christmas Cards, Hope alls Well, Love Hazelxox

Tracey said...

Love this Debby! How fabulous!! xx

heidy said...

Gorgeous as always Debby!!
XXX Heidy

Debbie said...

Hiya Debby.
No way is this boring, it's gorgeous. Simple yet really nice.
I have this paper, have a feeling I have used the other side too, is it blue snowflakes or something else. This side with the dots is gorgeous. Love it.
Debby I have a set of Di-namics dies in the shape of four different buntings, wonder if this would be an alternative to the bunting you have use for the sentiment, it's a really nice set.
Debbiex

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
coops said...

so gorgeous debby.fabulous cas design :D

xx coops xx

Helen said...

Great card. Good luck with the fixing of the waterpipe. Regards Helen

Carla S. said...

Fantastic CAS card, Debby! Hope you can get your pipe fixed soon!

Whisper said...

Oooo what a fabby idea and a great way to use the stamp too, Luv Sam x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Debby :-) I love the background stamp and with the added sparkle am sure it looks even more fabby IRL :-)

hope they fixed your pipe and hope you have a better sleep tonight !!

luv
Lols x x x

*Vicki* said...

Pretty CAS design Debby! Love the way you've fashioned the sentiment tag! HUGS :)

Hazel said...


Gorgeous card Debby, hope you get your water pipe fixed quickly.

Hazel x

Chrissy said...

Very striking Debby..what a fabulous stamp..

luv CHRISSYxx

Kathleen said...

I love this card, I once had some paper a bit like that stamp, wish I still had it.

Kath x

Dawn T said...

gorgeous card.

Jen Nelson said...

great card debby

Thanks for joining us this week
Jen xx
"Less Is More"

scrappymo! said...

Good luck with the water drain hole! Sounds scary!

Your card is lovely...very hip looking!