Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Tealight


I'm in charge of posting the new challenge on Everybody Art so I schedule that but forgot to do mine.

Making a tealight isn't my thing, I make cards or scrapbook, but a lightbulb moment said why not use the Stamping Up die. The biggest problem with that I needed two to be exactly the same.

To make sure I cut two bits of card, first off tried cutting two together, trust me it didn't work no matter how many times I ran it through the bigshot. The next step was to score two lines to create right angle and then I placed the die in the corner and repeat on the second this worked out make better.

I added the vellum before scoring down the centre then using thin red tape stuck together. I have to say I cheated there is no bottom, I place the tealight cover over the top but I do advise to buy battery ones I wouldn't trust leaving it over a real candle.

7 comments:

Pat said...

This is a beautiful die Debby and works well with all the open space and the light shines through really well. x

JoAnn said...

Very pretty and creative. Love it.

Chrissy said...

Fabulous Debby..imagine lots of these down the centre of a table..great use ofhe die..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lorraine said...

This looks gorgeous, love the black die cut against the velum.
Lorraine x

Jackie T said...

Hi Debby this is a stunning tea-light holder. I was very tempted to buy this die. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Sandra H said...

Beautiful!

Cheryl W. said...

I could see these being used on the tables at a wedding reception. So pretty!