Friday, May 19, 2017

Crochet Update


We are going to spend a few days in Cornwall soon and I want to be making square on the journey but I have completed all my other ones so I've had to put them to one side and work out the colours of my next lot of afghan square.

This one is called Sunrise Beach from Jen Tyler and its free. I found it very complicated and there are a least two rows that I couldn't for the life of me work out the pattern but muddle through and I may be doing it wrong!

The wool is Stylecraft Special DK and I'm going to make a blue square as well which is why there is a bit of blue on the yellow one which is bugging me at the moment but hopefully will work out once I used Pink on the Blue.

I just like to say that the white borders that I seeing on my PC is actually cream and hoping to get a more cottage garden feel colours.

5 comments:

Pat said...

This is a very pretty pattern and does look quite complicated but it certainly doesn't look wrong to me. I can crochet but am not sure that I would be able to master such a complicated looking pattern. x

joeytipping said...

With the edges done in cream I can certainly see it as a cottage garden afghan! Lovely and very complicated so good for you for taking this on! I really like your colour choices and look forward to seeing it all done which will take some time! I'm not sure why the pattern is called Sunrise Beach....I suppose it all depends on the colours of yarn used. Your squares look like a cottage garden and are very lovely.

Lorraine said...

These are very pretty. Love the design and colours.
I hope you have a fabulous time in Cornwall
Lorraine x

sue w. said...

Hi Debby, these are lovely. Enjoy Cornwall.
Hugs Sue W.

Lynne in NI said...

So pretty!
Hope you have fun in Cornwall, we were there a few years ago and loved it (especially the Cream Teas!)