Wednesday, June 03, 2015

Perfect Dad

wed-newchallenge-header

Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Thank you for joining us for the  Anything Goes Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.
We will be back soon with the name of the lucky winner of the $50 Voucher
This week the challenge is

Make It Masculine 

Father's Day is on 21st June, so this challenge is dedicated to creating something for the men in our lives. You can choose to make a card for anything from a Baby Boy to a Senior Citizen, as long as it is masculine that is fine.
We are showcasing CAS-UAL FRIDAYS and WAFFLE FLOWER Products this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some we would love to see them used
As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store
50dollar_voucher_600px



I suppose  now that it is June it stands to reason its time for a masculine challenge and I pretty sure I'm not alone that these are those difficult cards. My late Dad's birthday was around the same time in fact a few times it actually was his birthday and Father's day and although he's not here now I made this card with him in mind.
It helped that I had just received the Simon Says Stamps Falling for You background stamps which made my blue lined card and the stars. The woodgrain was from a Avery Elle Woodgrain and More set  and my Kites are from the Simon Says Stamp Soaring for You set all have been stamped on Kraft card and inked round the edges.
My Perfect sentiment is from Waffle Flower sometimes I have to buy especially for the challenge and I do try and buy something I can use over again and I know that die will come in handy for example I can see using it often for Pocket pages. I added the Simon says Stamp Dad die to finish it off properly.
I had already used some Doodlebug twine for my balloons but I wanted something down the side and since I made this card with my Dad in mind I added the the sentiment band with one of the sentiments from Simon Says Stamps Birthday Messages.

So now it's YOUR turn.  Happy Crafting
Simon Says Stamp 

37 comments:

Nataliascraft said...

What a brilliant male card, love the background. Fabulous design x

Cheryl W. said...

This is a perfect masculine card. Love the color combo and wood-patterned background.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is a fabulous male card Debby. Yes I find them difficult too but you have done a great job here and I love those kites.
Lorraine

Jingle said...

Very cute card!

Melissa Bove said...

Adorable card Debby!! Love those kites!!

hugs...

Lorraine A said...

fabulous card Debby :-) I love the kites with the stars and stripes and woodgrain background, original and brilliant ! I always put them against sky ! I would never have thought of anything like this, you clever girl :-)

luv
Lols x x x
p.s, the postie came today with a LOVELY and SUPER CUTE parcel :-) Thank you so much XXX the little pooch is sat on my craft desk keeping me company :-) XXXX

Heather said...

A fabulous card Debby, I love the design and super colours - your elements are stunning, especially the gorgeous kites!!

hugs
Heather xx

Caryn said...

A great masculine card - excellent colour choice for the design.

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Debby

Anne

Whisper said...

Oooo absolutely super male card and i'm loving that woodgrain background, i'll have to put that on my wish list, Luv Sam x

Sarah said...

What a lovely card Debby. Funnily enough my Late Dad's Birthday and Father's Day often fell on the same day, his Birthday was June 16th xx

Jacee said...

It certainly is 'perfect' Debby, a fabulous design,
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Lin said...

Great design, Debby, love the woodgrain mixed with the stars and stripes!

Lin said...

Great design, Debby, love the woodgrain mixed with the stars and stripes!

pinky said...

I'm just loving this card Debby, great papers and layout.

Wendy said...

Absolutely fabulous Debby!
Wendy xx

Pat said...

This is a really lovely masculine card Debby and I love the colours with the kraft card. The kites look great with the baker's twine and the happy birthday band and the die cut sentiment are wonderful finishing touches. x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Fabulous design, love the kites and different backgrounds x

Anonymous said...

Great male card Debby, love the colours and the Kraft card.

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Debby, such a fabulous design and I love the colours.
hugs Sue xx

Carol S. said...

Love this card and the gorgeous design. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Unknown said...

Hi Debby what a great card and the colours are wonderful.
Debs xxx
{Debs Cards}

JenniferD said...

Looooove the colours, layout and design Fabulous Card!

Tammy said...

I share your pain Debby, I know just how you feel but your card is wonderful and definitely shows your love!

McCrafty's Cards said...

Brilliant card Debby, I love the kites and the papers
kevin xx

Liz said...

A gorgeous masculine card. Great design and I love the colours you've chosen. xx

Being Mrs Miles said...

Wow Debby, what a LUCKY Dad to have this eye popping red white and blue card. So many great details to take in.

Jenna ♥ said...

Wonderful masculine card, Debby!!!

Tracey said...

LOVE this Debby!! Awesome card!! xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

So gorgeous Debby, love the look of texture.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Jackie Scott said...

Awesome card Debby - wonderful choice of colors and I love those kites!

coops said...

fantastic male card debby.i love the design and colours and the kites are fab :D

xx coops xx

Stephanie said...

Lovely card, Debby! The kites and colors are fab!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Ruth G said...

Sorry you aren't able to give this card to your dad, but I'm sure he knows about it and how wonderful and fun it is with the patterns, colors and die cuts! Thanks so much for sharing and inspiring!

Teresa Kline said...

hello Debby! I luv those kites, such a vintage looking card!

sparkle & shine *~*

Teresa Kline said...

hello Debby! I luv those kites, such a vintage looking card!

sparkle & shine *~*

Yoonsun Hur said...

Wow!! Perfect masculine card!!!! I am so honoured to work with you this month!!