Monday, July 10, 2017

Oxides


My card is an experiment, I watch a friend play with her Ranger Oxides and I know I'm a bit late to this party but I'm so glad to actually watch someone. Yes I know you can You Tubes but I find it doesn't hold my interest and my mind wanders, which means its pointless watching them.

So I got myself a few, what I considered nice pretty colours and thought I would use the Simon Says Stamp Flora Background, they very gladly sent me when they had Mothers, Fathers Florals release unfortunately it always seems to be around when I busy.

It does make a good background and when I coloured using the Oxides it really brought the stamp alive. Did I say how much I love these inkpads, I was frustrated with the distress inkpads because I love vibrant colours and I always found to get the depth of colour I wanted it use to hurt my hands which was why I love the Inkylicious Dusters. Now I get the colour using blending tools and no pain was involved, Ok it could be that the inkpads are new and but you can get reinkers so I can have the nice and wet all the time.

Didn't want to waste my background so cut them in four and backed it with a white Simon Says Stamp Stitched Square. I used Simon Says Stamp Hydrangea and Stitched Flakes to make my flowers and the leaves are Simon Says Stamp Circle of Leaves

My sentiment is using the Simon Says Stamp Love Die and my I used Simon Says Stamp Stitched Banners with their Best Hugs stamp set.

17 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful background using Oxides it's made a Lovely card Debby..

Anne

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What a pretty card. I love the way you made the background. Mmmmm do I need some of these?

Grenouille Greetings said...

This is GORGEOUS!!!!!!

Nataliascraft said...

Such a gorgeous card Debby, love the background is so beautiful x

Pauline said...

Beautiful Debby! the background is so soft and pretty.

Enigma Artist said...

This is beautiful. I am so glad to hear that someone else wasn't having much luck with regular distress ink; I'm about ready to throw mine out! But now that you've given me hope...I'll give it another shot. I also SO agree with you on watching videos. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Now I have to go shop for some oxides! :-)

Carol L said...

This is so stunning with color and design - Simply a gorgeous card!!

Pat said...

I adore that background Debby and the oxides looks so pretty over the white embossing of that lovely stamp. The added flowers and leaves go beautifully and I love the large double layered sentiment with the stitched banner for the other part of the sentiment, a great idea. x

Brawny x said...

Your card made me wow out loud Debby. What a super card...it is beautiful. I love it so much I've sent a link to my sons gf. It really is stunning. I've never got on with distress inks either...haven't tried the oxides. I do however love Creative expressions colour CHALK colour clouds. I also find Inkylictious brushes fab. X

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Beautiful card, such pretty colours and dies, love the white embossing.
Faith
x

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous, fab design.xxx

Chrissy said...

Stunning Debby..the background is wonderful and I love the flowers and card design..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sarah said...

Beautiful Debby,lovely colours xx

coops said...

So stunning Debby.I love the inks too and your soft colours and design are beautiful :D

Sandra H said...

So pretty Debby the background papers are gorgeous love the lace effect look too! x

Fikreta said...

so pretty card!

Juls said...

Stunning card, so elegant xx