Wednesday, October 04, 2017

Christmas

wed-newchallenge-header

Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Thank you for joining us for the Anything Goes Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.

This week the challenge is

Christmas

If you haven't started on your Christmas cards yet then maybe now is the time to start! It does help to get you into the Christmas spirit if you pop some carols on your music system and maybe pour yourself a thimbleful of sherry!
We are showcasing Penny Black Products this week! You don't have to use them to join in with the challenge but if you have some we would love to see them used!
As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store
50dollar_voucher_600px


I quickly made my card before I went off to the Scrapbooking Retreat, since I've come back its the final push to get my DD into her flat. My poor body isn't liking this and eventually I will crash and burn but I hope I can hold on till Saturday.

My card is full old and new stuff, the cute Penny Black Getting Ready is a new stamp and there are two main images ( the other one is coloured so when I get to tidy up my craftroom after the retreat I may get time to use it).

It just so happened a little parcel I ordered from Simon Says Stamp arrived with Doodlebug Milk and Cookies.

So that my new stuff they I used my trusty favourite the Simon Says Stamp Stitched Frames this time I used the Stitched Squares to make my red frame. The snowflakes are Simon Says Stamp Abby Snowflake die and use White Fun Foam with some Doodlebug Lily White sprinkles.

Finally I use a favourite Christmas sentiment from Simon Says Stamp Christmas Toys using their Stitched Banners dies.

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too.

14 comments:

Lin said...

Adorable, Debby, I love everything about your card - the heart background is perfect with everything else!

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

Debby, I love your cards and am a huge fan. You always achieve so much dimension to your stamps and this one is no exception. It's gorgeous. I love that background paper. Every time I see one of your cards I have to go out and buy all the supplies you've used. I love how you tied in the green, red and blue from the background paper in with the Christmas bulbs. Such a beauty!

Lorraine A said...

super cute card Debby :-) the little kitty decorating the tree with his mousie friend is adorable and I love the paper and colours, very pretty :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Tracy Freeman said...

They are super cute Debby, they go perfectly with the paper x

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Debby, cute little pair and love the papers..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Love your gorgeous card Debby

Anne

Fikreta said...

super cute card!

Martie Rollin said...

I never would have chosen heart paper for Christmas, but it sure works on this card! Well done!

Stephanie said...

Absolutely adorable, Debby! I love the imagery of having the two critters helping to trim the tree. Super sweet!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Pat said...

This is a cute and prettily coloured image sitting in the perfect red stitched frame Debby, and I love the heart covered bp and lovely white snowflakes which finish it beautifully. I hope the after effects of everything you have been doing aren't too bad. x

Lynne in NI said...

Awww what a cutie, love your non-traditional DP too!

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I lve PB and this is so cute and lovely papers and layout

Cheryl W. said...

You can't beat Penny Black for sweet little mice. You've colored them so beautifully, and I always love how you give your images so much dimension.

JoAnn said...

Lovely Christmas card and such a sweet image.