Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Crazy Snow Cat

wed-newchallenge-header

Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Thank you for joining us for the Food and Drink Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.
This week the challenge is

Anything Goes


We are showcasing Tim Holtz Products this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have them we would love to see them used.
As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store
50dollar_voucher_600px


This didn't quite turn out how I wanted, I did have a santa hat for the cat but it didn't fit the card but as soon as a challenge mentions Tim Holtz my brain goes to mush!

I used Simon Says Stamp Slopes and Hills die along with their Eyelet Arch Border die. The layout is loosely based on a sketch which didn't quite work but do like how my border looks like.

My favourite sentiment from Christmas Toys from Simon Says Stamp stamped and Embossed with WOW white embossing powder.

To give my Crazy Cat from Tim Holtz something to look to I've used Simon Says Stamp Holy Stars but I used the smaller one and I put double sided tape before cutting it so I could add some glitter (which my camera hates and turned it into an off white colour).

My bits of snow are Nuvo Gloss Simply White. Still not sure of my card and wish I hadn't stuck down my cat till after I fixed his hat and it would have looked a touch better.


Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too.


11 comments:

Nataliascraft said...

Wonderful Christmas card, love the cat image x

Tracy Freeman said...

Debby honestly i really like it, it made me smile when I saw it :) xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Debby :-) I love these crazy cats and the snow drifts and glittery star are fabulous :-) I don't know why you beat yourself up when we use TH products, you always do such a brilliant job! You show that you don't always have to be grungy artsy. You are a great inspiration to everyone! :-) Now give yourself a pat on the back for a job well done ;-)

luv
Lols x x x

Lin said...

A fantastic mix of elements, Debby - I love your patterned sky and that beautiful big star!

Sandra H said...

So stunning is your card Debby and that cat is gorgeous xx

Pat said...

I adore that cute cat Debby and love the way he is gazing up at the star, the curved eyelet border looks great too, and the added snow and your favourite sentiment both finish it beautifully. x

Cheryl W. said...

Fun Christmas card! This will definitely bring a smile to someone's face this holiday.

Anita in France said...

So fun and festive, Debby ... and such great detailing on this fabulous snow cat scene! Anita :)

Unknown said...

I love your cat card. I had never thought of using this set for a card like this. Thank you for the inspiration!

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a wonderful Christmas card! I love that your cat is looking at the glittery star and the Nuvo Gloss is perfect for the snow 😁. With or without the hat your cat is super cute, maybe a tiny sprig of holly with red berries may work instead ...lol 😉. Wishing you a happy weekend! J 😊

Fikreta said...

love this card!